Friday, July 20, 2012

Scrapbook: First Child's Firsts



Before Tiz was born, I got this scrapbook as a baby shower gift and was excited to put one together. Moms, I know, for some of you, the idea of a first photo album of your first child's firsts weighs on you. Okay, maybe not. But at least for me it did. For a whole year it did. I finally finished it when she was about 2. I had to do some documentation of the hundreds of pics we took of our first child. Soooo sorry our third child doesn't have as many.

Okay, this was great. Had the stickers, the pages, the colors already picked out for you in this package. However, I went through a torturous ordeal to get the pics the sizes I wanted. In order to make them fit in the placeholders the pages had, I had to shrink the pics proportionately in Photoshop. Then after printing them on gloss stock. I finely cropped them, all 53 photos, w/ my xacto knife. Yes, this took hours to consider, measure, print, and cut. Ugggh, first and last custom scrapbook I'll do. But maybe one day, a larger one to put standard sizes in. I still have to do my college road trip to the Northwest. Arghh. Too many projects to hold on to, so little time.

First day she was born. Missing hair lock on the right, which I saved in a ziploc bag somewhere.


Bath time & little feet & hand pics
Daddy & Tiz
Her first adventures
I must say, it took FOREVER. Like, in Sandlot when the boy repeatedly says, "FORever...FORever...FORever..." It was worth it and now I can look back and appreciate, cry, reminisce those days when I thought it was hard to have one child. The adjustment to motherhood just keeps progressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment