Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Ballas' Game 8

Green on Defense. With my lady captain taking the lead.

Green vs. Blue: 8-9

This was a miserable game. For both teams actually. The blue team, ranked 9th, beat us by 1 point. What?! Our captain in the end attributed the last 3 losses to his poor handling decisions. He sent an email about it and apologized about hucking too many times, which led to several turnovers.

Captain Cheese Huck!

This game was not only miserable, we all tired out on the field turn after turn for up to 5-10 minutes per point. Both teams kept making terrible mistakes. Miscues. Hucks. Blue didn't handle and catch well. While we made poor decisions. And as usual, we didn't cut well. Our best players were tired from a weekend tournament prior, so it showed in the game that rest of the team just didn't do enough to win.

A Vertical Stack....Kind of.


There were a couple times I could've caught it to score, but the handler would throw it to someone closer. That someone wouldn't know it was for them because both of us booked to the end zone. I should always look back when "Up!" is yelled in case it was meant for me. I always assume that no one will throw to me midfield, because the times I did during the first half of the season I would throw at the wrong time. So, I'd safely expect that they won't trust to throw to me midfield and so I choose to run to the end zone to score. However, I learned in this game to also make sure that my teammate nearby knows to receive. If not, I have to catch the disc.

If there is no rain tonight, we play 5th ranked team, light blue. One game tonight to advance and compete Red or White Again on Saturday. We have to win 3 games in a row to win the tournament. Can we do it? We have the teammates to do it, but if we continue like we did last 3 games... hmmm. No me gusto. I'll have a fan club tonight, the kids, hubby, auntie, nephew, niece, and family friends. Hopefully, our team morale can stay intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment