Friday, July 20, 2012

Ballaas Lose 11-10 to Whites

I know. I know. I need to post pics and vids. Get too cheery in the sidelines.

On the cool evening, we started off really well. Despite the soaked, drenched field, both teams played pretty well. Not great on our end. We have probably one of the best rosters out there but we can't seem to click together as a team, which is hurting us. We scored the first point and then they scored. Then we kept scoring leading by 3 points in the first half, until they broke us even by the end of the first half. The white team was ranked #1 after our first loss last week. Somehow we dropped from #1 to #4?! http://www.tallahasseeultimate.com/summer12.html

We made a lot of mistakes the last couple of weeks, which cost us. Our captain admittedly said that our key players kept making turns and had a lot of miscues with the receivers. We didn't have as strong of a defense trying to learn Zone and kept pockets open for them to keep up with our offense. On a positive note, he said in the end that we need to make mistakes now so we can play better in the playoffs. I'm soooo looking forward to playing red and white again. We have yellow, maroon, and navy blue left to play. Not sure how playoffs are determined in the end. Hopefully, we'll keep our rank up there so we can play in the finals.

I had a lot of fun even though my stomache gave me issues. I definitely caught the stomache bug from the kids, but wasn't sure I did until the middle of the night. Boy, did that remind me why I don't want to be pregnant again for a long time. I just don't want to face the toilet for a while again. Poor kiddos were sick over the weekend, but all better now except for me. Hopefully, none of my teammates caught it from me. :/

the Aftermath
Back to the game, it was pretty even throughout. Both teams kept taking back the lead by 1 point. But, in the end the last two were critical. The horn blew, signaling 10 minutes left of the 90 minute game. We were in the lead 10-9. White was O (offense) and we all marked our opponents. I was put w/ this girl who came to the back of the vert stack. Of course, we should've known they were going to send it deep. So she cut deep and I kept up with her. My captain backed me up and he tapped it in the end zone. His tap wasn't enough, which I thought he was going to catch. The girl layed out to catch, and my teammate dove behind me to make an awesome layout d. Next time, I'm just going to run through and be there to catch or block a 2nd time. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle. ;)

Unfortunately, my captain didn't see it clearly so it looked like the guy stripped it from her. He and I contested our own captains call. Haha. But, out of good sportsmanship he gave them a point making it 10-10. Our captain called the best line to go out, and so they did. Not sure how we made a turn in the next point but white ended up scoring the last point to win the game.

If ya'll are wondering how I did. I scored 2 points and of course I didn't get any passes mid-field. They probably didn't want to risk turns. hehe. One terribly missed opp, the disc flew right by me when I could've clearly blocked it. I saw it a little late and jumped to barely tap it. I should've just caught it, but I hesitate catching on defense to avoid throwing errors. I throw confidently in practice but don't want to try in the game. Gotta get over that. Anyway, I felt pretty great despite the random knots in my stomache. It also felt great, to endure one round long enough when both teams made at least 4 turns until one scored, which means lots of running. The girl I was covering didn't want to run anymore either. Hmmm. Maybe I should bank on that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment