Tuesday, October 2, 2012

JH Creative: Business Cards





I finally can network w/ confidence because I at least have a business card. I also finished my portfolio, which always needs updating. When is a portfolio ever final?

I placed my logo on a 2.5 x 3 standard size vertical setup. Kept my life simple and chose fonts I already had. I have yet the money nor the disk space to collect the beautiful fonts out there. For the meantime, I'll just collect pretty images of fonts on my Pinterest board, Ty·pog·ra·phy

Contrast & minimalistic styles are one of my favorite things to do, which explains the design in part. I considered several adjectives while developing my logo and genre of my overall brand. Simple. Modern. Brief. Practical. "Less is More" philosophy. The black and white theme is consistent with my portfolio, which I recently updated. 

 My next project is to finally put everything online. Many artists alike find it difficult to keep an online portfolio fresh, new, and up-to-date. Probably because they're either busy working on clients' projects or in my case managing the house, children, grocery shopping, and cooking. Hence, blogging about their work (photography, paintings, designs) is the easiest and quickest way to do it. If you are interested in seeing my resume and portfolio. Please contact me at julia.holly@gmail.com.

Tally's Print Shop
After shopping online and driving around town, I found a trustworthy print shop. They're supposedly the best for quality results with quick turnaround. Someone recommended them. I wouldn't say the best quality, but for turnaround time they haven't disappointed me yet. I sent Durra Quick Print (DQP) a file that morning and they got 100 cards ready for pick-up that afternoon. All for $20. 

For all those w/ small businesses, do not go to FedEx Kinko's. Not only will it take all day to get something simple done but it will cost you an arm and a leg. I'd recommend Minute Man Press over them, but even Tally's local shop DQP beats MMP. So, I've got my go-to shop for small print jobs. I'm still looking around for the larger jobs I might stumble upon.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete