Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Best Boba in Tally

My favorite & usual litmus test: Almond Milk Tea
Okay everyone. I just couldn't believe that here in Tallahassee, exists a decent Asian restaurant that serves really good Boba.

What is Boba Milk Tea?
Tapioca pearls served in any preferred milk tea you'd like. Go back to California, particularly Asian populated towns like Cerritos, Irvine, S.F. Bay Area, and you will find some sort of Boba tea shop or restaurants that will serve it.

Where in Tally?
I've been here a year, and disappointment after disappointment, I finally gave in and bought packages at Tally's token Asian store, Lynn's Seafood. Ranch 99 & H-Mart, holla!! Come to this town. TJ's is coming in a year, might as well jump on the bandwagon. Anyway, so yeah, I tried to cook them. Hit or miss, I got my Boba cravings fulfilled.

But one day, a dear friend invited me to join some new students from China to have lunch at China Delight located on Tennessee. I hear the snickers now. Yes, I know. I passed it several times and assumed there goes one of those Americanized Chinese Restaurants. Yet, to my sincere delight, it was truly a glorious day. Not only did I love their Beef Noodle Soup [Fresh. Beefy. Broth was delish. Noodles just the right amount. Huge bowl.] but I also deeply enjoyed drinking every drop of Almond Milk Tea. The Boba had perfect chewy texture. I found my Boba place.

So, after my second trip there, but this time w/ the hubs I got to speak w/ the owner's daughter. They moved in from New York City couple years back. Go figure. No wonder the quick service and yummy food. Other than the rice being a little dry, the food was fresh and didn't have a MSG headache afterwards. Here are some other delicious picks.



The other Boba place: Rainbow Frozen Yogurt



My hubs told me about how this place recently started serving boba. I said, "What?!" So since I happened to be running an errand nearby, I checked out the joint. It is definitely owned by Asians. With all the Chinese characters on the menu, there was no doubt. Granted the menu doesn't have 30 options of Boba like Tapioica Express, it still is commendable that they're trying out this market.

Cute and colorful inside, w/ a yogurt bar similar to Yogurt Land. There are enough tables to go around w/ flat screens on the walls, which makes it a fun lounge to hangout. Tried the Boba. It wasn't tough but still stuck together a few times. Milk Tea wasn't too sweet, which was good. China Delight will be my go-to Boba place. Rainbow's will be secondary, which still beats the rest of the places out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment