Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Following My Pins - What?!

Once in a while, I take a peek at who follows my pins. The phenomenon of Pinterest. I'm sure it has to do with several things, besides the fact that it's a beautiful, visually compelling way to surf the net now. Call it what you will. Online social window shopping. Online magazine. Virtual clipboard. Sharing ideas publicly. I believe part of the addictive factor is that we see that strangers actually like what we like. Oh my goodness, as of today 1,075 people repinned this cute but poor quality photo of a puppy sleep-hugging a teddy bear.


Pinned Image


I think that is my most popular pin so far. Way to be original. I just simply liked it. Saw it via stumbleupon.com (guy version of pinterest). Okay, okay. Pinterest is most popular among women.  But, there are still pinteresting men out there who know great design. Like, Mike D whom I repin from plenty of times. 
 
Paper Source 


Cost Plus World Market Logo 

 Profile Picture of San Francisco Ballet 
 
 
Anyway, so the point of this post? I'm just thrilled to find that the 3 featured companies above have either repinned some of my pins or began following my boards. Paper Source? What!? World Market!? Love that store!!! SF Ballet?! Absolutely, beautiful imagery on their boards. To celebrate, I've announced it on facebook and blogged it, hence this post. I'm not sure how they discovered me, but I'm guessing it's because I started pinning originally from their web sites before they created their own boards, except from SF Ballet. SF Ballet found this and repinned it. 
 
 rent-a-sleepbox (Moscow Airport)
 
The logos are linked to their pinterest boards if you'd like to follow them as well. In the meantime, I'll pin daily because I just love keeping/archiving beautiful photos and inspiring ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment